- Only 501(c)(3) charities will be considered.
- Charities must have been in existence for a minimum of two years.
- Charities must be non-profits benefiting Minnesota.
- National charities won’t be considered unless 100% of the donation will benefit Minnesota.
Charity Nominations / Presentations
- Members who wish to submit a charity for consideration must complete a Charity Nomination Form.
- The form must be submitted at least 15 days before the meeting date in order to be eligible for consideration at the upcoming meeting. To confirm whether a charity you’ve nominated has been deemed eligible, click here.
- Charity Nomination Forms submitted at a meeting will be eligible for consideration at the next meeting date.
- Only members who have signed a Membership Form and who are current on their contributions may submit a charity for consideration.
- Three charities will be drawn at the beginning of each meeting for presentation at that meeting.
- The sponsoring member(s) who submitted the selected charity should be ready to make a 5-minute
presentation at the meeting about their nominated charity.
- Presentations can be no longer than five minutes in length. For tips on presenting, click here.
- A 15-minute question and answer period will take place immediately following the three presentations and directly preceding member voting.
Selection / Voting
- Following the 5-minute presentations of the three drawn charities, each eligible member or team will vote by ballot, with the charity receiving the most votes winning. All members are responsible for writing a check to the selected charity.
- In the case of a 2-way tie, the membership will be provided with the names of the two charities and a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results in another tie, a charity will be randomly picked by putting both names in a hat and drawing a winner.
- In the case of a 3-way tie, a charity will be randomly drawn by putting all three names in a hat and drawing one winner.
- If a member presents a charity and that charity is not chosen, that charity will go back into the pool and will be eligible to be drawn at a future meeting.
- If a member’s charity is chosen, that charity is not eligible to be considered for selection for a period of two years; however, the member can submit the name of another charity.
- The selected non-profit organization will be asked to refrain from creating, selling, or distributing a list with your contact information.
- Checks are written directly to the local organization, not to The Power of 100. Your cancelled check is your receipt for tax purposes.
- If a member or team has a legitimate ethical, religious or moral objection to the selected charity, the member or team will write their check to the charity with the next highest number of votes.
Click here for our Charity Nomination Form